Friday, September 16, 2011
the sweetest sight
Made all the sweeter because this little one usually no longer naps.
And it was after lunch on Friday of a long and busy week:
- crazy with work
- Andy interstate since Tuesday
- most of us a little under the weather with various mucous-based ailments
- sun has been rising earlier and so, consequently, has this son
- those rosebud lips had asked me about ten thousand million trillion questions this morning, most of which I could only answer with 'no, not today' or 'I don't know'
- I had laid down on the couch with him, toe-to-toe, and after about an hour came back to consciousness and saw this.
Sweet, sweet sleeping three year old. Even in your dreams you are probably asking me, for the seventeenth time, for something utterly impractical.
- J x