Thursday, August 7, 2014

Deer and Doe Datura

I will be posting this make in more detail on The Drapery's blog soon, but I'm so pleased with how this turned out that I can't resist posting it here first. I'm a bit in love with Deer and Doe patterns right now... you know when you find a pattern company whose designs really appeal and they seem to fit just right? Yep, it's a rare thing so I'm going with it. Don't be surprised if there's more Deer and Doe from me in future.

The Facts:
Pattern: Deer and Doe Datura Blouse, View A
Fabric: Anna Maria Horner cotton voile, a leftover in my stash (yoke lining is from an old white cotton baby bedsheet)
Notions: wee bit of light interfacing in the neckline bias, 4 buttons from my big tin-o'-buttons
Size: 42
Alterations: none for fit, but I added an extra button at the back (pattern only calls for the top 3)

Technically, the bust darts sit a bit too high on me. But I am delighted with the fit and would worry about messing with that if I tried moving them.

We had some beautiful winter sunshine today so grabbed the opportunity for these photos, but in reality it's way too cold here for this floaty sleeveless top right now! But before we know it the mercury will be at uncomfortable highs again so that is not a complaint. See you soon, Datura!

Oh and because I have a hard time posting only serious garment photos on my blog, here's the 'looking at her pigeon-toed feet' blogger/garment model pose, just for fun:
Hmm, don't think I'm getting it quite right there, because that has to be the most unflattering angle possible for my thighs, haha!

- Jane x


10 comments:

  1. So pretty on you!
    I do love Deer and Doe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Total agreement on being in love with Deer&Doe - they just work :-)
    Love this on you - i actually have fabric earmarked for this top - but have yet to purchase the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Justine! Yes it's a good one - I highly recommend :)

      Delete
  3. Cute. I like that fabric. I hope one day to be brave enough to make clothing for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I particularly like the little horns you have in the last photo :) Particularly appropriate for Deer & Doe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I hadn't even noticed the horns! Makes the photo even more ridiculous, I like it.

      Delete
  5. Oooooooh. I love this top on you!! This is one I've wanted to buy, but haven't yet. I love the Plantain top, perhaps I need to try more D&D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great Jane - fabulous neckline and I am with you - I wouldn't mess with the fit - it look s pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, I would really love to know what you think. Go on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...