This time in woven fabrics: a tweedy cotton blend I got from my local fabric shop maybe two years ago? I have a pinafore-type dress I've worn to death in a slightly lighter & greener version of this fabric. It rarely requires ironing and doesn't show the dirt. Yay!
The accent fabric is Windham Timber by Jessica Levitt. Also from the stash. I now match a couple of cushion covers I have around the house.
Alterations - decorative:
- added pocket (I don't know why but this one was crying out to me for a single, curved pocket)
- used piping on pocket and where bottom band meets main body
- made bottom band less deep than pattern and in main fabric rather than contrast
Alterations - fitting:
- took a triangular slice from the bottom of the front shoulder pieces, creating a dart-like effect to fit my bust area better - see pink line below for approximate adjustment (right is the outside edge)
- shaped the side seams of the main body in a little under arms and towards my waist and back out - roughly like pink line below.
And a side / back view... all a wee bit rumpled since I've been wearing it and the leggings non-stop for about two and a half days now.
Duckfeet which I wore non-stop last winter and am doing so again thus justifying their purchase price but they have been oh so worth it.)
Still thinking about a denim version. Getting a few comments from Jasper and Clem to the effect of "what? you're making another dress for you?" since it's been, oh, two in a row now. Maybe if I whip up a t-shirt for somebody I can sneak in another one....
- Jane x